As you are aware HM Government issued guidance on Monday 23rd March stating the importance of staying at home in order to stop the spread of COVID-19. The Garden Rangers Limited takes that guidance very seriously. We closed temporarily between the 24th March 2020 and 2nd April 2020 in accordance with Government guidelines but then reopened from 2nd April to present after the government updated their guidelines (with confidence we can work safely and not put our customers at risk).
Under that guidance on the government website (and further guidance issued on the 29th March 2020 under “Guidance Staying at home and away from others (social distancing) – Section 4” – members of the public may only travel to and from work where their work absolutely cannot be done from home. See exact statement and link to Government page for reference below:
“4. Going to work
As set out in the section on staying at home, you can travel for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.
With the exception of the organisations covered above in the section on closing certain businesses and venues, the government has not required any other businesses to close – indeed it is important for business to carry on.
Employers and employees should discuss their working arrangements, and employers should take every possible step to facilitate their employees working from home, including providing suitable IT and equipment to enable remote working.
Sometimes this will not be possible, as not everyone can work from home. Certain jobs require people to travel to, from and for their work – for instance if they operate machinery, work in construction or manufacturing, or are delivering front line services.
If you cannot work from home then you can still travel for work purposes, provided you are not showing coronavirus symptoms and neither you nor any of your household are self-isolating. This is consistent with advice from the Chief Medical Officer.” – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others#going-to-work
I will be therefore implementing the following safety procedures whilst working to ensure the safety of staff and my customers:
– We are now working as a reduced team of two members at any one time to prevent any possible spread of infection between workers. The second member of the team has been briefed on keeping a two metre distance between us and also the safety procedures below. They will also be using their own transport to travel to jobs.
– Jobs where the two metre distance cannot be realistically be adhered to between staff will either be postponed or completed with one member of staff.
– We are operating a no contact policy between customers. Customers will be called before arrival, asked to leave the gate unlocked and to not come out when we are there. Any contact is strictly through phone calls or email whether quoting or doing the work.
– Payment must be paid through electronic payment – or if cash is the only option, this must be left out before our arrival.
– Protective gloves will be worn whilst accessing customer gate handles and sanitizer will be used throughout the day
– We will not be working on any properties where access through the house is required – Only properties with gate and side access.
– No drinks will be accepted and we will not be entering any properties whilst working
– Quotations will be completed by customer sending images and measurements, or by attending properties with side access and speaking to customers over the phone (so they can remain inside their property) whilst we are there.
For now we are completing quotations for both gardening and landscaping – but please be aware that for now we have postponed landscaping work until builders merchants reopen (as we cannot access materials). Customers will therefore we booked in a line (with a date given once builders merchants reopen).
I will continue to keep updated daily on government policies and lock down restrictions.
Best wishes to all our customers – stay safe.
The Garden Rangers Limited